Good morning! Melanie here, sharing a layout that came together nicely, despite a few mishaps along the way.
I took hundreds of photos during our mini vacation to NYC a few months back, and wanted to put several of them on one page, which is always a challenge when you scrapbook 81/2 x11, single page layouts. ;) I decided to resize some faves to 2x2, but for some reason, ( which I still haven't figured out ) my photos kept printing out at 1x1 inches. After 3 failed printing attempts, I got fed up and decided to use the photos 'as is'. They're tiny and hard to see on the layout, but I liked all the white space it left me on my page, so I just took the whole sheet, trimmed it down into a square, and made a grid design in the middle of the page. I knew I wanted to use these Studio Calico vacation themed stamps on my layout, so I decided to stamp my title under the bottom of my photos- I was a bit over zealous with the ink pad, because my text didn't stamp out very crisp. At this point, I'd already glued down my photos, so I decided to re-stamp the 'week' word, cut it out, and just pop-dotted it on top of the messed up version. I love how it looks with some dimension, much cooler than the flat text I was originally going to use. This is a simple trick I learned through error, and I love it.
I don't know about you, but everytime I stamp on a page, I end up with ink somewhere where I definitely DON'T want it. I managed to get a blob of black ink in the bottom right hand corner ( courtesy of my forearm, which I somehow stuck in the ink pad unknowingly...*note to self* - put cover on inkpad after stamping!) so I grabbed one of the 'tag sale' tags and layered it on top of a bit of washi tape, which covered up my blob nicely. ;) Finally, I added my title on top of the photos with a perfectly worded tag sale flair button, and a little subtitle stamped on top of one of my favourite sale tags.
Here's the final outcome: