Out of all the scrap related things I do throughout the year, the December Daily is my favourite project. I adore Christmas, and it’s so great to be able to see how each year progresses, and how some traditions never change. This will be my third time around doing one, and hopefully, as the saying goes, the third time’s a charm, since I have yet to complete the last two. I have both previous albums neatly tucked away with journaling and photos, and one day I’ll find the time to finish- maybe when my boys are married and moved out. ;)
This year, in order to make things easier on myself, I decided to use the Ali Edwards templates, and I can tell you that it has been a HUGE factor in actually getting my pages done and up to date on a daily basis. I pre-printed everything a week before December began, and (also huge) I’ve decided to simplify the process even more by only doing one page per day. I’m using the Ormolu binder as my album; it’s a 7x9 size that is nice and compact, yet large enough to accommodate my needs. One thing I have in mind that I haven’t shown here is the baseball protectors I’m using in between my pages, much like Kaitlin posted yesterday. I cut them down to a 4 photo grid, and will add extra photos and details in them throughout the month. I didn’t include them here, since I haven’t received the Studio Calico page protectors I’m planning on using, and want to wait to see how everything fits in the binder before I actually commit to that. I’d like to keep this pretty streamlined, and not too bulky.
For the album itself, I wanted a natural feel, and chose this small flower print paper from Studio Calico that echoes the poinsettia on the Ormolu tag I used for my title block- a lucky find. I typed my title on theMerryMaker Storyteller tag, and added the December 2011 button. (LOVE that). I used brown bookcloth to cover the spine- in retrospect, I should probably have taken the binder apart and reattached it on top of the bookcloth, but it doesn’t really bother me. I added a grommet to the linen star tag, stamped it with some Distress ink, and just tied it to the inside of binder with the twine that comes with the MerryMaker charms.
Here are my pages to date- I won’t always be using only one photo, but up to this point, it’s what has worked well for me. I’m using little bits and pieces from pretty much all of the Ormolu lines for my embellishments, and I love how these are working for me to add just a little punch.
I’m working on Days 5 & 6 today, and feeling good that I can do this all the way through the end of December. If you’re interested in seeing how the rest of my album unfolds through the month, I’ll be posting it on my blog as I go. And if you're working on your own DD with any Ormolu products, I'd love it if you linked it up here for us to check out!